Last Revised: March 1, 2021
This policy concerns only the ECP Site and does not concern any website owned and operated by other parties to which the ECP Site may link. We are not responsible for and have no control over the privacy policies of those sites. Links on the ECP Site to other websites are provided only as a convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply endorsement, recommendation or approval of the linked site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those sites to understand how your information is collected and used. Additionally, your Internet or other service provider(s) may collect information about or submitted by you while you use the ECP Site or any other website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the operation, content, security or policies, including privacy policies, of any other website that is linked or linking to the ECP Site, and we shall have no liability to you or any other person or entity for the use of, or inability to use, any third party websites. You acknowledge that the information collection and privacy practices of any other party are not monitored or controlled by ECP.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
When you contact us through email or telephone, we may collect your name, title, address, telephone number, email address and other personal information that you that you voluntarily provide, so that we can respond to your inquiry and otherwise communicate with you. We may also use this information to provide you with products and services, for internal marketing and reserarch and to manage job applications.
WHAT OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may also use the above information to comply with any applicable legal obligations and to protect or defend the ECP Site, our rights and the rights of others.
DO NOT TRACK
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. Like many websites, the ECP Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We disclose personal information:
• with your consent or direction
• with our affiliates, subsidiaries or otherwise within our corporate group. Such ECP subsidiaries and affiliates will not disclose your personal information for marketing purposes unless you consent to this use
• with third party vendors who perform functions on our behalf, including operating certain features of the ECP Site, hosting or maintaining servers used in connection with the ECP Site, or sending postal mail or email. These vendors may have access to your information solely as necessary to carry out their functions
• in connection with our receipt of professional services, which may involve us disclosing information as necessary to our business advisors, such has attorneys, accountants and auditors
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, divestiture, restricting, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our business, which may involve us disclosing information to other corporate entities, professional advisors and other third parties in connection with such activities
• to comply with applicable law, subpoena or other judicial process, to respond to summons or other requests from authorized governmental authorities, to exercise or defend legal claims, or in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer or exchange of all or a portion of ECP, any ECP subsidiary or affiliate, or any line of business associated with ECP, cooperate with law enforcement, which may involve us disclosing information to law enforcement, professional advisors and other third parties in connection with such activities
We will not intentionally sell or rent your personal information to any unaffiliated third party for marketing purposes unless you consent to this use. However, we may provide unaffiliated third parties with aggregate non-personal information about visitors to the ECP Site (such as statistical information derived from personal information submitted by ECP Site visitors). Such aggregated information will not identify any particular visitor to the ECP Site.
ECP maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information in our possession or under our control. Please be aware, however, that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and the transmission of information and data via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we make an effort to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information or data transmitted to or through the ECP Site; any transmission of information or data by you to or through the ECP Site is at your sole risk. We will not be responsible or liable for any damages, losses or causes of action arising out of or in connection with the disclosure of any information we collect.
We do not seek or knowingly collect personal information about children under 18 years of age. If you believe that we have collected personal information from anyone under 18 years of age, please contact us and we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
EU AND CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Visitors that are residents of the United Kingdom, the European Union or the European Economic Area should refer to our EU Privacy Notice. For purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we are available via email or by calling the toll free number listed below. If you are an EU resident and provide Personal Information through our Website or through email correspondence, you consent to the collection, storage, and transmission of your personal data from the EU to the US in order to communicate with ECP. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by calling the toll free number 1-866-890-3270.
Visitors that are residents of California, please also refer to our CCPA Privacy Notice.
Investors and potential investors in a ECP fund entity, or affiliated co-investment entity should refer to our investor Privacy Notice in relation to the information that we collect about you. This is available by contacting us via the methods described below or through the investor portal on the ECP Site.